Sunday, February 27, 2011

Romantic Girls

Apparently I missed the boat. I don't like romantic stuff like talking about crushes or flirting. My mom always told me that I flirt all the time, but I don't I'm doing it. I call it talking. Weird, huh? I just open my mouth and I'm automatically Mr. Romance. Right...

There's a girl on board ship that makes me want to rip my hair out because of her talk about boys. Alicia, if you ever read this, I'm just talking about how you talk, not about you. But the way you talk is the worst. Sorry.

She talks about Travis, she talks about the Captain! She acts like the world is filled with unicorns and ponies and pink sparkles. I don't think I've ever heard a single normal word out of her, and she's a med aid!

The reason for this post, ladies, is that I had to help her with loading samples a couple hours ago, and my mind is completely full of her gushy talk. I could probably tell it from memory, not even joking:

"Alicia, are we supposed to put this in sideways or up and down?"

"Ummmm....up and down. But did you see the new page boy? At the other end of the ship?"

"What, there's enough work in the page job for two people?" (Sarcasm in my voice, haha, duh.)

"Yes! I'm so glad! He's like, totally cute! I heard he's like a gentleman and he's really sweet to all the med aids! Not, like, all snobby."

"Oh. Not like me."

"Well, not exactly. You're just playing hard to get."

I blink. WHAT? "You actually think that?"

Alicia shrugs. "Why else would you be so sarcastic?"

"Did you ever think that might be just who I am?"

Alicia shakes her head. "Nope. Come on, these go in the stock room."

I was ready to go on arguing all day, but it's fricken obvious that she didn't ever think. She doesn't ever. Romantic girls suck.

-Terry S.

P.S. Just figured out it's valentines day today. Maybe the pink ponies'll disappear tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment